Vision: ‘Dimensions’ is a movement of Christian entrepreneurs and professionals with a dream to create wealth for its community by pooling and harnessing resources and nurturing each other’s growth in a spirit of transparency, commitment, excellence and trust.
The Christian community in India has been at the forefront in the fields of education, healthcare and in ministering to the disadvantaged in India. It is time that Christian businessmen too, mark their place in the business community.
‘Dimensions’ meet on the 4th Saturday every month, from 7.45 am to 10am, followed by breakfast and networking. Meetings are self-contributory, the charges being Rs.1000/- per meeting, to cater to the various expenses. A yearly advance contribution facility of Rs.10,000/- is also available as a commitment fee.
At the meetings, we have an educative slot for which eminent speakers are chosen to address members on various business development topics of mutual interest. A prime feature of our meetings is a 40 second self-introduction by those present, which gives a brief insight into the line of business the member is in and his specific business needs. We call it an ‘infomercial’ – information + commercial! The meetings are held in an atmosphere of Christian brotherhood. Christian values are kept at the forefront of all dealings, which helps bind us all. The formal meeting concludes by 10 a.m., followed by a ‘networking breakfast.’.
Apart from our regular monthly meetings we have been organizing networking seminars (once in 3 or 4 months), workshops, Christmas Dinners and International Conventions.
Events of significance @ Dimensions:
- Christmas Dinner Celebration – 22nd December, 2009 at Hotel Trident, Nariman Point. More than 400 business persons and professionals attended along with dignitaries. The occasion was graced by His Eminence Oswald Cardinal Gracias and His Excellency the Governor of Maharashtra.
- ICCC-Dimensions Global Meet 22nd & 23rd January, 2010 – more than 500 business persons and professionals from around the world attended.
- Dimensions-Kanara Entrepreneurs rendezvous at Mangalore 18th Sept 2010. The KEL spear-headed project, Mangalore Internet City, when completed will provide IT and IT enabled jobs for the youngsters of the region, who otherwise have limited opportunities.
- The Housing Society Managers course at Orlem Parish Hall on 31st October, 2010 – presented by Mendonsa Foundation, of Lawrence & Mayo fame, sponsored and supported by ‘Dimensions.’
- A Christmas decorations sale project, initiated by ‘Dimensions’, took shape at the Andrean Fete, Bandra over 3 days. The decorations were also sold at ICCC Church at Borivali. This was a pilot project and we hope to develop on this idea.
- Christmas Dinner Celebration – 17th December, 2010 at Hotel Trident, Nariman Point. Attended by more than 400 business persons, and dignitaries, the occasion was graced His Eminence Oswald Cardinal Gracias and Mr. Milind Deora, MP.
- Entreprenet-2012 organised by ‘Dimensions’ and ‘Kanara Entrepreneurs’ at Intercontinental -The Lalit, Mumbai on 13th & 14th January, 2012. The dignitaries included Cardinal Oswald Gracias, Archbishop of Bombay, Dr Indu Shahani, Sheriff of Mumbai, Gul Kripalani, Convention President, Christopher John, Earnest John group of Companies, Albert D’sousa, Chairman Model Co-operative Bank, Ivan Fernandes, Chairman, Kanara Entrepreneurs Ltd. Global and Freddy Mendonca, Chairman, Dimensions, Mumbai. The convention was attended by delegates from all across the globe. The number of participants for this convention was 400 plus, consisting of business persons, senior executives, professionals and a few management students.
- ‘Diamonds @ Networking’ Workshop on 15th Sep, 2012 at ‘The Club’, Andheri, Mumbai. The workshop was attended by more than 100 people.
- Entreprenet 2014 organised by ‘Dimensions’ and ‘Kanara Entrepreneurs’ at The Park Plaza, Bangalore on 31st January & 01st February, 2014. Leaders from religious, business and political arena came together at the inaugural session of this global convention, which got off to a fabulous start with Archbishop of Bangalore, Dr Bernard Moras, Mangalore South MLA, J R Lobo and Chairman of Manipal Global Education Services Pvt. Ltd., T V Mohandas Pai setting the tone by asking the business leaders and entrepreneurs to serve society and humanity at large with an ethical, compassionate and committed vision. The two-day event was attended by more than 400 successful and budding entrepreneurs, business leaders, corporate executives and professionals to interact and network with stalwarts in different fields.
Please visit our website: www.dimensionsdirect.com and register yourself. Registration is free and you can post on the forums etc. We have also our ‘YouTube’ channel http://www.youtube.com/thedimensionschannel where you can get to watch our events.
‘Dimensionally Yours’ a newsletter, is the voice of ‘Dimensions’ and is distributed to more than 4,000 Christian Entrepreneurs and Professionals and Christian Institutions all over India for free of cost. It is reputed to have a readership of over 20,000 people.
Lastly, please do spread the word about ‘Dimensions’ among your friends, business associates and Christian business persons you come across.
At 100 we are conscious that the journey has just begun and we will go a long way forward only with you beside us.